Monday, October 2, 2017

NRA money in Washington

One major thing that I don't understand and I really dislike about our country is the money in politics. The corruption and lies that are attached to it. I don't like that big companies can control what happens and that money is the bottom line not safety, health and prosperity. Why do so many representatives take money from the NRA? Even though these so called public servants may express sympathy for the lives lost in a mass shooting, their position of power and their livelihood is put in place by organizations that support the system of deceit and death. Why does the NRA feel like it can't just exist without shoving money on the government? Why do people take these, for lack of a better word, brides?

I'm sure my view of early America is pretty naive and idealized, however, I am confident that the founding father's are abhorred by the terrorist attacks that happen on American soil by Americans. White male Americans. I don't think it was ever intended that the right to bear arms meant you could buy as many guns as you want or use them however you choose. I don't think it meant get a permit for hunting and then go ballistic, literally, on hundreds of people at a concert. I don't think the NRA likes that people are murderous wretches with severe mental conditions but I also don't think they mind that sales of guns are up and the gun supporters have never been more sensitive about their precious weapons. I can't imagine that our founding father's thought that America's own people would become so sick that their protective measure's of certain freedoms would become the means of so much death.

I guess what I'm so confused about in my sympathetic, common sense, albeit liberal mind is why this continues. Why there is money funding the thing that needs to be stopped completely. Why there is not immediate and swift legal, judicial and executive measures taken to control guns and the gun owners. Why isn't there more action from our representatives besides a tweet about their sympathies. Why are the crazies allowed to purchase and purchase more guns? Why are assault rifles being sold at all when these are clearly weapons of mass destruction? Why do lobbyists of all sorts have so much control? Why do so many American's think that the state of America is ok, that by continuing as we are is fine? We are not fine. America needs some serious help. I think there are a lot of problems but I think the root of most of them comes back to the money in politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment